Straight To De Soul

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Doobie Doobie DOO Kittitian Style



They (the press) say Franky, that's Sinatra knew about the doobie doo.

Last weekend on the way back from the beach, I was first offered a cab drive, and then to have a couple of doobies in my car.

It took me a few moments to grasp the meaning, as I only know the term "doobie doobie do" from Franky's "Strangers in the Night." I smiled and declined; however, on my way home, I contemplated how many people probably agree to a sing-a-long with the "Stranger in the Night."

"Do dody doby do
do doo de la
da da da da ya..... "


Since my encounter, I have been finding a few empty tiny ziploc bags on the beaches. It appears that "Strangers in the Night" is a solid hit on St.Kitts.

Yours Truly,
RAF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home