Straight To De Soul

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Life Imitates Imagination



Last week, while still sickly, I was going to go on the boat trip to Statia - a small Dutch island about 20 miles away from St.Kitts.

However, the universe, in cahoots with the old Kittitian Immigration Service, decided that I was not to go on this trip by keeping my passport to complete my immigration paperwork. So I spent the larger part of Sunday working hard (yes, I mean hard) on my lectures for muscle and skin tissue (lecture material soon to be found on its own website). Around 4 pm, I decided to go on my daily walk to Timothy Beach for the purpose of relaxation and ocean feet cleansing. While at the beach, I noted that the sea was pretty rough and wondered how that would fare out on the little ferry boat.

In my imagination, I saw big waves crashing into the boat and giving it a good toss. The passengers on my imagined boat looked ill and probably were puking their guts out, while holding onto the flimsy railing so as to avoid prematurely leaving the boat. Despite the rough weather, my fantasy played out safely, and everybody made it back to St.Kitts.

Later that night, I did run into my fellow colleagues who made the trip:

    "Oh, it was lovely to go there. We had the wind at our back and made good speed [1.5 hours one way trip]. On the way back the wind and waves were in our face. A lot of passengers were puking their guts out."


:>

Yours Truly,
RAF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home