Straight To De Soul

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Don't Miss The Boat














When you live on St.Kitts, it is fundamental to keep track of what day of the week it is because every Wednesday new supplies of everything the island needs comes in by barge. All day long, everybody rushes to the store to get stocked up on the fresh stuff. Somehow I keep missing Wednesday and thus have been without fresh milk for a while. Thank the lord that there is an apparent bottomless supply of cans of Carnation evaporated milk. Unlike most people, I am quite fond of evaporated milk as it reminds me of my grandmother, who always used Carnation evaporated milk in her coffee. Fresh milk was hard to come by after the war, so evaporated milk was the next best thing if one wanted milk in one's coffee. I am planning on getting to the store in time next week . Just in case I miss the boat again, I have already stocked up on my supply of Carnation evaporated milk.

Yours Truly,
RAF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home